It’s no wonder that STRAWBERRIES are always at the top of Favorite Fruit Lists! Our business was built on these ruby-red jewels that not only take your mouth to its “happy place”, but also make memories and inspire kitchen creativity! Nutritious, sweet, versatile and safe… the list of benefits goes on and on!
When selecting strawberries at your local grocery store, look for plump berries with a natural sheen, bright red coloring and fresh looking green caps. Strawberries DON’T ripen after harvest, so pass over berries that have white shoulders or if the entire berry is lighter in color.
Storage & Serving Success
- Refrigerated strawberries last longer!
- Try placing berries in a Tupperware type sealed container lined with a paper towel to help preserve freshness while refrigerated
- Don’t wash your strawberries until just before use.
- Remove strawberries from the refrigerator an hour before eating them – this allows them to warm to room temperature so their naturally sweet flavor can really be enjoyed!
- Rinse the strawberries with the caps still attached under gentle cool water and use a paper towel to pat dry.
- You can use a sharp paring knife to remove the caps or you can just give them a twist!